Suwannee Festivals Island Poker Run
May 6, 2017
11:00 AM till 4:00 PM
Register at Suwannee Marina, Salt Creek Restaurant, Bill’s Fish Camp, Gateway Marina, Waterfront Market, or
Suwannee Community Center. Cost is $25.00 per hand played. You may play one or more hands.
You will be given a receipt with the number of hands you are playing written on it. Keep this receipt with you and
present it at each stop. You may visit the stops in any order you wish.
Visit each of the stops and pick up a card in a sealed envelope for each hand played. You must keep the envelopes
sealed. Any envelope unsealed will be disqualified.
Return to Salt Creek/Marker 29 Deck no later than 4:00 PM to check in. Anyone arriving after 4:00 PM will be
disqualified. You will be given instructions on when to open your envelopes and ‘play’ your hands at this time. Prior
to opening the envelopes you will be given an opportunity to purchase a ‘wild card’ for $10.00. DO NOT open your
envelopes until instructed to do so.
You can have a maximum of eight (8) cards if you purchase a ‘wild card’. You will play your best 5-card poker hand.
Wild cards may play as any card. In case of a tie, five (5) cards will be dealt to each player – highest hand wins
Cash prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries into the run.
The stops are –
- Waterfront Market – Located on Canal Street – Visit by canal or land.
- Tumblebug Island – Located in the East Pass. The boat issuing the cards will be anchored on the East side of the
island toward Cedar Key.
- Little Bradford Island – The Island located in McGriff Channel at the junction with Salt Creek. Go to the Suwannee
River, Gulf of Mexico, Salt Creek sign in the McGriff Channel and Little Bradford will be on your right.
- Gateway Marina – Visit by canal or land.
- Suwannee Marina – Visit by canal or land.
- Bill’s Fish Camp and Motel – Visit by canal or land.
- Salt Creek Restaurant Dock – Your last stop. The floating dock at the back of Salt Creek Restaurant. Tie up and go
inside for cool drink and to receive your card. This location may also be visited by land. Remember you must be
here no later than 4:00 PM and go to the Tiki Bar Deck! Purchase your wild card while you wait for your fellow
players to arrive.
Entry form below.